Here you can find important information as a Pack 1483 Cub Scout parent.
Cub Scout Advancement & Award Requirements
This site explains how scouts advance through the ranks of Tiger, Wolf, Bear, and Webelos, and earn awards for academic and sport activities. Basically the same info that's in the manuals, but in a convenient online location.
Cub Scouts Academics and Sports Program Guide to requirements for the belt buckles and pins that the scouts can earn.
Youth Protection Training
Required for leaders, but also a very good program for all parents of Cub Scouts to check out, so you can see how Scouting strives to keep your boy safe.
Scouting Information Resources for Parents and Leaders
- Our Pack's official tool for tracking advancement toward rank for Lions through Webelos, plus Beltloops & Pins. Also contains our pack calendar and email list.
- Cub Scout Uniform Diagram
- National Capital Area Council of the Boy Scouts of America
- There are 300 local councils that provide Cub Scouting, Boy Scouting, and Venturing programs in their area - ours is the National Capital Area Council. Their website includes training information, camping opportunities, and information about council events like the popcorn campaign and Scouting for Food.
- Goose Creek District Website
- The National Capital Area Council is divided into 13 districts - our is Goose Creek, which covers all of Loudoun County. Information on den leader training and other district events such as the District Pinewood Derby is posted here.
- Scouting Forums
- Online message board for all topics related to scouting.
Please send Updates & Corrections To: firstname.lastname@example.org
Where To Get Scout Stuff
Leesburg Hobbies &
9 West Market St,
National Capital Scout Shop
9190 Rockville Pike,
Bethesda, MD 20814