Pack 1483 will be attending Camp Ross at Goshen Scout Reservation the week of July 14- July 20. The theme for Summer 2019 is Cowboys & Ninjas!
Camp Ross is one of the two Webelos Camps at Goshen Scout Reservation. The facilities include aquatics with 23' trampoline, nature area, handicraft area, archery range, BB range and direct access to hiking trails. Pricing includes all meals served buffet style in an air conditioned dining hall.
Please complete all three:
- Download and complete the following pdf forms.
- Annual Health and Medical Records Form. Complete Section A,B & C
- Sign up via our Camp Goshen Registration Form
- Please upload the necessary pdf files in the form.
- Pay via Check or PayPal (see below)
Coordinator: If you have any questions about Goshen, please contact our Pack 1483 Goshen Coordinator, Jen Martin
Payment by check:
Before April 12 - $375 scouts / $225 adults
Before May 16 - $415 scouts / $265 adults
After May 16 - $455 scouts / $305 adults
Payment by Paypal/Credit Card:
Before April 12 - $386 scouts / $232 adults
Before May 16 - $427 scouts / $273 adults
After May 16 - $469 scouts / $314 adults
Scout Account balances accumulated from popcorn sales may be used to pay toward the scout camp fees. Please contact your den leader or email firstname.lastname@example.org if you would like to know the balance in your son's scout account. If you don't have enough money in the scout account, you can pay the rest by check or Paypal/Credit Card per above fees (just pay the difference remaining depending on the option chosen).
If you wish to pay using scout account balance, please find out the amount from your den leader and inform the Pack 1483 Goshen Coordinator so you can still be registered on time.
The Camp Goshen refund policy:
All refund requests must be in writing. Refunds for camper fees will be handled in the following manner:
- Replacement Scouts: Camp fees for one Scout may be moved to a new replacement Scout within the unit. To qualify for the transfer, the replacement Scout should have made no prior payment. As a unit, please keep track of Scouts who have paid, canceled, and are being replaced. (Campers Aid recipients cannot move their scholarship money to a replacement Scout.)
- Refund Requests:
- On or before June 15, 2019: A refund of 85% of registration costs will be granted by request. Only requests from unit leaders will be honored (parents, please work through your unit to receive a refund). These requests must be received electronically by Goshen Camping Administrator, Calicoe Ashley, at the email address Calicoe.Ashley@Scouting.org with the subject line, “Goshen Refund Camp Ross Unit [unit number].” Refund request letters should name the no-show camper, unit, camp, week, and state the reason for missing camp.
- After June 15, 2019: Registration costs will be forfeited.
- Non-registration fees (i.e. hat embroidery, bus tickets, ATV, shotgun, Wilderness First Aid, etc) are non-refundable. All refunds will be subject to a final review in the Council office before the check is issued. Online payment options will be credited where possible, or paper checks will be issued to the unit.
All Scouts and Adults must have a properly completed and signed health form in order to participate in the camp
program. The official BSA Annual Health & Medical Record form #34605 is required for all participants. Each scout and each parent needs to have a BSA Medical Form prior to attending camp. Parts A, B, and C are required. Part C requires a physical and a doctor's signature.
The official form can be obtained from:BSA Health Form A, B, and C
Open the file, fill out the information, save the file, print it, and turn in the signed form to the Camp Snyder Coordinator.
Camp Ross GPS Coordinates: 37.987849, -79.447289
Camp Ross Elevation: 1433 ft
Address: Goshen Camp Ross, 340 Millard Burke Memorial Hwy Goshen, VA 24439
Camp Phone (summer only): 540-997-1375
NCAC provides a guide containing a useful information about Goshen. Every parent considering sending their socut to camp should read this guide. The guide can be downloaded from the attachments section below.
Applications for financial aid can be submitted to the Pack 1483 Cubmaster (Dan Martin) or the Goshen Coordinator. A campership application form can be downloaded from the attachments section below.
What to Bring
Clothing and Bedding
- Complete uniform with hat
- Sturdy hiking shoes
- Water activity shoes
- Extra underwear and socks
- Shorts/blue jeans
- Scout T-shirts (s)
- Swimsuits (2)
- Sleeping bag/three blankets
- Pillow (if desired)
- Plate, cup, bowl, knife, fork and spoon
- Toothbrush and toothpaste
- Comb, brush, mirror
- Soap in container
- Pencil, pen, pad/notebook
- Light backpack/daypack
- Spending money
- Insect repellent (non-aerosol)
- Scout Handbook
- Medication & physical forms properly filled out by parents