Adventures to remember, words to live by. Be a Scout!
Cub Scouting is about fun.. with a purpose! If you are a boy in first grade through fifth grade—or you’re 7 to 10 years old—then Cub Scouting is for you! It’s for your family, too. Nearly all our events are family oriented, and we welcome all siblings to join in the fun (especially at our Spring and Fall Family Campouts!).
This is the first and the biggest of the three Scouting programs (Cub Scouting, Boy Scouting, and Venturing) from the Boy Scouts of America.
What types of things do our Cub Scouts do? Our yearly activities include fun things like:
- Camping at our Fall and Spring Family Campouts, where even our newest Tigers camped, hiked, played games, roasted marshmallows, did skits and explored!
- Collected over 7000 pounds of food for our local Ashburn food banks!
- Went on hikes and participated in service projects
- Go see its and sports events! Our pack went to baseball games, hockey games, tours of numerous facilities like the Sheriffs Office, Loudoun Waste Center, Loudoun Water and Reclamation Center, the Fire Station, Orbital Sciences and many more!
- Model Airplane derby!
- Sleep over inside a submarine!
- Soda Bottle Rocket Derby
- Bicycle Rodeo
- and of course... the Pinewood Derby
- Week-long campout at Goshen Scout Reservation!
- Weekend campout at Camp Snyder!
- and much more!
Really, if we listed everything our list would go for pages.
At our Den meetings, which usually meet twice a month, the program is designed around fun. We keep the Scouts engaged and moving, we promise they will never be bored! We have a Pack meeting once every month, where the Scouts do Den skits, sing songs, receive awards and talk about upcoming events.
So how do you join Cub Scouts? The easiest way is to come to Join Scouting Night at Hillside Elementary. If you miss it do not worry, you can join scouting at ANY TIME during the program year!
We also encourage you to email us at Pack 1483, to ask for more information or to let us know of your wishes to join Cub Scouting.